Friday, December 17, 2010

Michaels Challenge-Winter Edition

Well, Lorelei and Nancy were at it, again! They went to Micheal's and picked out these beads above for another beading challenge. It's reveal day for the Winter edition challenge! I picked up my challenge beads when I was out visiting Lorelei a few weeks ago. Here's my necklace I call Black Lotus.
Black Lotus by Erin Siegel

I used the freshwater pearls, mother-of-pearl ovals and the black quartz nuggets from the chosen challenge beads. I added in this open design flower pendant, a flower toggle clasp and paired it all with some wide black leather lace.


The best and coolest thing I added to this piece though, is the plum color silk! This was a wide silk satin cord that was stuffed with chiffon. I un-stuffed it and cut it up into sections and strung it on the beading wire in between the black quartz nugget beads.


Thanks for stopping in! 
Looking forward to seeing what the other jewelry designers have done for this round!

21 comments:

  1. Awesome!! love the scrunched up ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing necklace. That ribbon was a genial addition. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, this is the perfect necklace to wear for New Year's! All you need is a black blouse or a cocktail dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pop of color goes perfectly with the beads, and yet it's a color I didn't even consider. That's why I love these challenges, it really opens my eyes to the possibilities. Thank you for doing that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, beautiful necklace! I have to say my favorite though, as seems to be the consensus, is that way cool silk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the plum ribbon makes the necklace - gorgeous color! It's delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plum silk with the gray tones! When I first saw the photo I thought the silk was beads - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not the first to say it, but I'll agree - the plum silk is soooooo pretty, and is just perfect with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ruched silk ribbon- it adds rich texture and gorgeous color to the piece! The openwork flower pendant is very striking! Love it, Erin! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooh....so cool! I LOVE that plum scrunched up ribbon! The color is amazing and it works so well with the smoky gray and black beads. The pendant is awesome too! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! The ribbon really makes the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! Very unique take on this one. :) I'm loving the ribbons and the dark tones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Erin such a great necklace and I love the addition of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Erin - I always know when I click on your blog that I'm going to love whatever I see here! I agree with you - the addition of silk was inspired. I love how you've used it too - so original. I am so excited for your book to come out - I love ribbon and use it a lot but only in obvious ways so I'm looking forward to seeing new and original ideas, like this one here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two words. PLUM SILK.

    OK. Make that three ... AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The plum silk is brilliant! Looks like flowers!~

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...