Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Boston Bead Company

I'm so lucky to have a bead shop in the town I live in! I think I must have made that an unconscious priority when considering where we would live. The two consecutive towns I've lived in for the past 10 years have both had bead shops in them and I've been intimately involved with both in one way or other. I mean, what jewelry designer fortunate enough, wouldn't want a relationship with their local bead shop? I know that's something I've always been passionate about.


I recently made a connection with the owner of Boston Bead Company, Carson Eddy. She has two gorgeous store locations in Massachusetts. One in Cambridge and one in Salem, where I live. Carson's shop is beautiful and well stocked with findings, components and beads. She holds exciting events, like bead trunk shows and also features local bead artisans, like my friend Keith O'Connor. Her staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Oh, and the classes rock! I've taken several classes here. I regularly fall in love with the projects they select to offer.

Recently, Carson graciously invited me to celebrate the local Salem Arts Festival with them by hosting a book signing for my book, Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry and offering to have me teach a class as well! I'm so honored and grateful that she extended this invitation. I didn't waste any time saying "Yes!". Since our initial email contact, I've enjoyed several meetings with Carson and her staff while we were planning the book signing event and the class. Carson is so friendly, inviting and easy to talk to, as is her team of employees. It was a pure joy to work with them. I couldn't be happier with this collaborative event and every effort that was made to make it a success!

Although, I wished more local people would have come out to our events, I loved meeting and chatting up the few folks that did come. I was content to just put myself out there and participate in my town's art scene. I'm also happy I had more time to visit with Carson and her amazing team. We had a fun time chatting about family, business, books, beads and the beading community and craft industry. It's nice to have someone local that "gets it" to talk to. I've had some interesting enlightenment during our conversations about such things as well as some confirmation on some of my own thoughts.  I feel fortunate that I have a great business owner like Carson who cares deeply about her customers, her community and local artists. I'm thrilled to pieces to now have my book sold in both of her shops. I'm proud to have her business establishment in my community and recommend it to you.   If you are ever in the New England area, Boston Bead Company is a can't-miss-it, must-visit and a must-shop bead shop!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had so much fun! I would love to have been there chatting it up with you guys oh and taking that class :) I wish my local place encouraged that, and wouldn't even mind doing a bit of teaching myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Bead Company looks like a great place to shop and attend fun events. Thanks for this post that reminded me to be grateful for my local bead stores. I've always had at least one in my town as well as great shops whenever I visit family where they live. Yay for local bead stores and those artists who help us have fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Erin for your kind comments. We are always excited to connect with local and regional artists and craftspeople like you and Keith O'Connor. It makes our job so much fun! I, for one, look forward to an ongoing relationship with you. I also invite people from Salem and surrounding communities, and of course all the tourist who visit our fair city, to stop in and see us this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like a beautiful bead shop! Congrats on being invited for a book signing and also to teach a class-that is wonderful! It really is nice to connect with like minded creative types. So happy you found a place that allows you to do just that, along with some bead shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...