Sunday, September 5, 2010

Earring Swap with a Friend!

Diana of Suburban Girl Studio and I did an earring swap together! Diana is a jewelry designer, ceramic bead artist and a member of the Beads-Of-Clay group. We were chatting on face book one day and decided that doing a swap would be fun! I love doing swaps. It's a great way to get to know other artists and exchange some fun things! Here are the earrings she made me with her handmade ceramic charms. I love these swirly cranberry red charms! :) This pair will be great for Fall!
 Diana's Earrings

I made Diana a pair of my leather earrings. I wanted to make her a fashionable pair she could wear for Fall. Below is the pair I sent her. I made these with Greek leather, Carnelian gemstones and amber glass with antiqued copper chain and brass findings. Check out Diana's blog post about our earring swap here.
 My Earrings

In addition, Diana was super sweet and spoiled me with a goody bag of her handmade ceramic beads and charms! She sent me this little stash along with her earrings. I love these! She does beautiful work!

Suburban Girl Beads, Charms and Button

Diana's ceramic work is wonderful and I can't wait to add some of her handmade components to my jewelry designs! Check out her Suburban Girl Beads Etsy Shop for lovely ceramic jewelry components and go shopping! :)

7 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! Thanks for introducing her -- I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'm so glad you like what I sent! You already know how much I love the earrings you made for me. I can't wait til we swap again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swap - and the goodie-bag is awesome. I'm excited to see what you'll do with the components.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun! Very pretty earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both so pretty! Erin, I love what you did with the leather, btw. I've never seen anything like those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely earrings, I love the leather earrings, the long dangle in the middle, what fun!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...