Sweet Slide bracelets
Check out my free tutorial on how to make a sliding knot adjustable bracelet at Art Bead Scene! So hip, so chic, so EASY! You will not want to miss this sliding knot technique. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! If you make one of these bracelets or use this sliding knot adjustable closure in a piece of jewelry, please do share. I want to see what you make!
Here's what you need for the Sweet Slide bracelets:
To make your bracelet, cut a piece of cord about 24 inches long. String and/or knot your beads on as desired, making sure to leave at least a 4 inch tail on each end of your bracelet.
Now, you're ready to create your sliding closure!
1. Cut a separate 12" piece of cord and fold the cord back onto itself about 4". This will be your "working" cord.
4. Loosely wrap the working cord around the bracelet cords and the tail of the working cord.
5. Make 5 wraps, moving towards the tail end of your working cord.
6. Insert the working cord through the wraps you just made, exiting the folded end.
7. Pull the ends of your working cord tight, but not super tight or you won't be able to move your bracelet cords back and forth. If desired, add some beads to the working cord tails and trim.
8. Add a few more beads to the bracelet cords, knot, trim and you're done! Be sure to leave the bracelet tails long enough to slip your hand through when the bracelet is all the way open.
I hope you enjoy the tutorial!