Thursday, July 8, 2010

Me, Lorelei and Beads!

Lorelei Eurto and her husband, Joe stopped into town, while on their vacation! I was so excited to see them, again! Some of you might remember their visit with me last year. If not, you can read that post here. I have so much fun with the two of them! We connect more and more each year. We had more time to visit this year. The first day, I met them by the waterfront in Newburyport, MA. We browsed around some of the cute shops downtown and had lunch. The second day, my husband Josh and I met them for dinner at Agave Mexican Bistro, BUT the best part is, Lorelei and I got to BEAD! YEAH! :)

L met me at my local bead shop, The Riverwalk Bead Shop and Gallery in Amesbury, MA. This is where I work, teach jewelry-making classes, sell my own jewelry and generally where I hang out and make jewelry! If any of you plan a trip to New England, this shop is a must-see! It's two shops in one. It's a beautiful artisan gallery filled with fine arts and crafts handmade by local artisans. The shop carries jewelry, pottery, photography, fine art, native art, handbags, clothing, bath and herbal products, you name it AND beads and jewelry-making classes to boot!!! Visit www.riverwalkbeads.com
For our beading session, we decided to focus our attention on making designs that incorporated either cording or leather. That made it easier to focus our shopping and also create a bit of a challenge. I chose leather as my element and L chose waxed linen cord for her element. After we were done buying all our beading supplies, we grabbed Joe and headed to my apartment to bead! Here's what we came up with during our beading session:
 Most beads and supplies are from The Riverwalk Bead Shop and Gallery!
Lorelei's Design

My Design

I'm glad Joe and Lorelei decided to come up here again this year for their getaway! I had a great time with both of them and my husband, Josh really enjoyed hanging out with them, too.  Lorelei and I have become close friends over the last couple of years online, but there is only so much connecting you can do over the internet. It's nice seeing her in person, just makes me wish we could hang out more. We have much in common. There's so much to talk about and so much beading to be done! Til next time! We will just have to arrange another meeting, soon! Stop by Lorelei's blog to see how the rest of her vacation went!

5 comments:

  1. awww, what a blast we had!! Can't wait til next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast. Your shop looks chock full of goodies. Makes me wish I lived on the East coast someplace...
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin (the other ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look like you had toooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both seem like such fun couples to hang out with!
    Love the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely picture!! Thats really nice meeting other beads artisians esp the ones you love too!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...