Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bohemian Knotted Earrings Workshop

 Bohemian Knotted Earrings Workshop
Bead Fest Philadelphia August 2012 
Saturday, August 18th 8:00am-11:00am
Registration now open!  
Click here to go to the instructors page and scroll down to find my name.

YAY! I can finally announce my BIG, huge news. I will be teaching this Bohemian Knotted Earrings Workshop at Bead Fest Philadelphia in August this year! I decided I wanted to start teaching again. I miss it. I've always had wonderful experiences teaching. I used to teach lots of beading classes when I worked at the Riverwalk Bead Shop and Gallery when we lived in Amesbury, Ma. I always had such awesome students in all my classes. I miss that interaction. I miss seeing those faces light up when they are having a great time creating something. I miss being apart of that fun. It's been over a year since I taught a class. I've been away too long. I really do love sharing the joy of beading and jewelry-making, so I'm going to return to teaching....And apparently, I'm going to eeeeease myself back in by jumping right onto the national stage. Eeeeek! It's only January, though. I have plenty of time to teach some smaller classes in between now and then. And speaking of that, I actually will be teaching this same class next month, Saturday, February 11th from 10-1pm  at the Riverwalk Bead Shop and Gallery! If you are local, check out the class schedule and come see me!

Anyway, back to telling you about the workshop. For months, I worked hard developing these original earrings designs and now, this class for you! The earring projects for the class are based on and inspired by an earring project I made for our book, Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry: 50 Designs Using Leather, Ribbon and Cords. Each student in class will make 3 different pairs of earrings using various knotting techniques. Colorful gemstone rounds are knotted onto artisan-made copper and silver components by MISS FICKLE MEDIA!!! Yeah, a big thanks to Shannon for making me all those rings and ear wires for my class!


Class description:
Learn simple knotting techniques to make a trio of bohemian chic earrings! Using waxed linen cord, you will learn 3 different ways to attach colorful beads to a ring component.

Students will learn basic knotting techniques to make three pairs of stylish earrings. Techniques covered in class will included: lark's head knot, half-hitch knot, overhand knot and how to use knotting tweezers for precise knotting. Using waxed linen cord, students will learn 3 ways to use knots to attach beads to a ring component. Students will have the following color choices for each pair of earrings: red, orange, green, turquoise and blue.Variations on the three designs made in class will also be discussed, so student will be able to expand on the techniques they have learned. 

I'd love to see you in class! Hope to see you there!

7 comments:

  1. Woot! I am fist pumping for you, dear Erin! I just signed up for a class at Bead & Button and was thinking that you should be on the list! There is nothing like that at Bead & Button and I think that you would rock that show as well. These are so dynamite. I just wish that I lived closer so that you could demystify that waxed linen cord for me.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin (the other ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be close enough to go to this - you should teach at one of the Tucson Shows next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a fun class and I love the design because they feel both casual and dressy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these should be real interesting and fun classes and the outcome is also very colorful and beautiful...love the colors of the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon just told me about this! Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of us who can't be at BF or attend a class do you think you might ever offer a tutorial? I just found your blog through Missficklemedia!

    -Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yee,

      The earring designs I created for my class are inspired by an earring project I made for my book, Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry: 50 Designs Using Leather, Ribbon and Cords. You can find the instructions on how to make a similar pair in this book! The book can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com. It will be out this coming May. Thank you for your interest in my class. I really appreciate that!

      Delete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...