Saturday, December 22, 2012

Handmade Gifts For Him

Paracord Survival Bracelets

I wanted to share with you a few of the gifts I made for the guys this holiday. Now, I don't usually make them anything. Let's face it. It's kinda tough to make a guy a gift he might actually want, use or need. I don't know about you, but the boys in my life are a tough crowd. I like to make things. I like to give handmade gifts. I make jewelry, so the ladies in my life are all too easy, but the men are...well, not so easy. Until now, that is. Enter the Paracord Survival Bracelet. Hallelujah! Yep, I made those babies up there with a little help from this Etsy shop and this tutorial. I'm pretty excited about it. Finally, an accessory the guys might actually wear. What is Paracord, you ask? It's a parachute cord that is very strong and lightweight. The cord can hold up to 550 pounds and can be used for all sorts of outdoor activities and survival situations in the wilderness. It's long been used by military personnel and adventurer, outdoorsy types. The macrame-style bracelet allows one to carry several feet of this useful cord on their person at all times. If the cord is needed, simply take the bracelet apart to use it. These are all the rage right now and I'm on the bandwagon. A guy's accessory that's rough and rugged, multi-fuctional, looks cool, AND I can MAKE IT. Umm...Yes, Please!!! Oh, and they aren't just for the guys, either. I would totally sport one of these, too. Hopefully, for fashion reasons only.


 Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bark

Next up, dark chocolate pistachio bark with sea salt. YUM. This one's another all-around gift. Everyone on my list is getting some, but my guy inspired the idea. Josh LOVES pistachios and he loves dark chocolate. Put the two together and this is what you get. Super duper easy to make and package up to give. Who doesn't love an edible gift? And besides, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, anyways. Right? ;)

What are you giving the guys on your list this year? Are you giving handmade?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome thanks for sharing these and the links. It's probably too late for me this year but my son was looking for something like this earlier in the month. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am going to have to try that bark - yummy! Those bracelets were perfect. I'm sure they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...